#30DaysofJournaling prompt from Day 10: Make a list of 20 things that make you happy.
I deliberately did not put any people on this list. Given that the Thanksgiving table will have sixteen people at it for whom I am grateful, if I start listing people in my life, I’d have a lot more than twenty!
However, I will give a special place to this wee bairn, my niece. I am so glad we made the trip to see her (and my sister and brother-in-law).
20 Things that Make Me Happy
1. Coffee in the morning.
3. When I write something well.
4. When someone recognizes that I wrote something well.
5. Good food, good friends, good drinks.
6. When my children are all getting along.
8. A good beer or glass of wine in the evening.
10. A good book.
11. When my husband comes home from work early.
12. When my husband and I can spend time together.
14. When someone thinks I am younger than I am.
15. Doing a good job.
16. When my children learn something I’ve been trying to teach them.
17. Good music.
18. Certain times the way the sun comes through the clouds, or the way the air smells, lifts my spirits even when I didn’t know they needed to be lifted.
19. When I can help someone.
20. When we have enough money to do what we need to do.
Happy Thanksgiving! Go write down 20 things that make you happy (maybe tell me one or two in the comments).